Online college students’ group work is everyday activity among online college courses.
Usually, projects that need collaboration among classmates that scattered across different parts of the country or the world.
Probably something is challenging for you.
So, here are some of the best practices for effective online collaboration.
- Be afraid of reaching out first – Making an effort and having excellent interpersonal skills is highly essential in online group activities. So, ensure to introduce yourself as soon as possible. Describe your skills and prior experience that will help complete the project.
- Have only one person to edit – Ensure that everyone gets to proofread every deliverable. This will help catch typos and make necessary improvements too.
- Be a freeloader – Having someone in the team who doesn’t contribute yet gets a good grade because of the other team members’ efforts is very frustrating. So, do your fair share.
- Give your contact details – Let your team know the best way to reach you. Do you like better to be contacted through text or messenger? Do you have any schedule limitations? What’s your time zone? Also, let them know about your desire to have a timely response. This will establish the trust that’s critical to a team that works remotely.
- Use collaborative tools – Take advantage of free applications for calendar and file sharing such as Dropbox. There are also apps for project management that help organize tasks and provide feedback.
- Assign a project manager – This will serve as group liaison who will relay the group’s questions and concerns to the instructor. Project manager will also be the person who will speak or present to the class on behalf of the team.
- Establish best practices – Ensure that everyone is on the same page by defining expectations starting day one.
- Also Read: Top 5 Most Popular Online Colleges